MeMeTales is joining hands with PBSKids and several publishers to combat the “Summer Slide“. Summer is a great time for kids to have fun. But, research also states that kids without access to learning opportunities over the summer can lose upto 2 months of learning from the school year. This means that teachers will be spending weeks reteaching lost and forgotten material once school starts again. MeMeTales, along with PBSKids, is working to give all kids, across the world access to books for FREE from June 18th to July 28th. Every week, kids get to “borrow” books via the MeMeTales website and apps.
How to Participate
1. Get Ready
First off, get ready to participate in the Readathon in the following ways. You need to create an account on MeMeTales only once, but you can read books on all platforms!
- Online – Create an account on MeMeTales.
- Download iphone/ipad app Register and you will get 20 books FREE
- Download Android App Register and you will get 20 books FREE
- Download Nook App(link with be added soon!)
- Download Kindle Fire App (link with be added soon!)
Now, you are set to #ReadForGood
2. Read the Books Every Week
Here is the book list and weekly themes -
- Week 1 – Animal Fun
- Week 2 – Friendship
- Week 3 - Character Development
- Week 4 – Imagination
- Week 5 – The Green earth
- Week 6 – Global Cultures
Every week, come back to get inspired on each of the themes.
3. Earn Your Stickers and Print Your Certificates!
4.Share your activities on our Facebook page
5. After all 6 weeks, print your Grand Certificate of Completion
That is it! Really, the Readathon is about READING and DOING GOOD. And having fun. Enjoy